By default, WordPress websites are a lot like young athletes—skillful and full of promise, yet highly unrefined.
In order to help your site reach its potential, you must provide coaching and assistance in certain key areas:
- To rank well in search engines, you’ll need a great theme with streamlined, standards-based HTML output.
- To ensure page speed and provide a stellar user experience, you should call scripts from the most optimal locations.
- To increase conversions and improve engagement, you should focus on minimalist page design.
- To save bandwidth and improve loading times, you may wish to institute a caching solution.
- For world-class speed, you can set up a Content Delivery Network (CDN), or you can opt for a more exotic dynamic DNS solution.
To a beginner, these points probably seem like a bunch of technical mumbo-jumbo, and that’s why I’ve created this simple guide to optimizing WordPress websites.
Regardless of your skill level, you’ll be able to use this handy guide to make effective changes to your site that will improve speed, search engine rankings, user experience, and potentially even sales and conversions!
As you read through the guide, please keep in mind that you don’t have to do everything in order to get positive results.
So, what are you waiting for? Use this guide to optimize your WordPress website and unleash its hidden potential!
Finally, if you go through the guide and still find yourself with the need for speed, be sure to check out our excellent guide to website performance and speed.