Follow the steps below to translate Thesis into your language:
- Download the poEdit translation software, and install it on your local computer.
- Generate your own
- In poEdit, open the
- From the poEdit menu, select File → Save As, and change the file name to a new one which uses a format of
llis the 2 letter code for your language, and
CCis the 2 letter code for your country.
- For example, for US English the file would be named
- Translate the strings in the new
- Save the file (ctrl-S). Poedit should generate a
.mofile in the same directory as your original
.pofile (named in a similar fashion as in step 4).
- Using FTP, navigate to the
/wp-content/thesis/folder on your server, and create a new folder inside of it named
- Upload the
.mofile to the new
/wp-content/thesis/languagesfolder you just created.
- Configure WordPress to use your language file, by editing
wp-config.phpto include this line replacing
ll_CCwith the appropriate language/country codes):
define ('WPLANG', 'll_CC');
Important: Remember to maintain a backup copy of your
.mo files on your local computer, in the event that you update to a new version of Thesis. Due to the way automatic updates work in WordPress, you’ll need to upload your
.mo file to the
/lib/languages folder again after the update is complete.