Important: Make sure you’ve upgraded to the latest version of WordPress before installing Thesis!
Installing and activating Thesis takes less than a minute, and we walk you through the entire process in the video below:
Thesis is incompatible with WordPress theme preview functionality. If you attempt to preview Thesis, you’ll only see a blank white screen.
Instead of watching the video, you can follow these steps for a successful installation:
Download Thesis from DIYthemes.
Note for Safari users: This browser may add an extra
.htmlextension to the end of the download file name; if so, just rename the file to remove the extra extension, leaving its name as simply
- Log into your WordPress installation.
- Go to WP Admin → Appearance → Themes.
- Click the “Install Themes” tab, and then the “Upload” link.
- Click “Browse” (button text and formatting may vary depending on the web browser you use), locate the
thesis.zipfile you downloaded in Step 1, and then click “Install Now”.
- Look for the
Theme installed successfully.message, then click the “Activate” link that appears beneath it.
- You’ll be redirected to your new Thesis Admin screen, where you may or may not see a green “Click to get started!” button (this depends on your server configuration) — if you see this button, click it. If you do not, you’re done, and Thesis is installed!
- Look for the
Installation was a success!message, and click “Return to Thesis” beneath that message.