The Thesis Canvas allows you to observe the effects of changes you are making in the Skin Editor.
Basic Canvas Functionality
- Visit the Thesis Skin Editor
- Launch the Canvas by clicking the blue Canvas button in the top menu
- In the Canvas window, navigate to a page that uses the specific template you wish to edit
- The Editor will automatically switch to that template for editing
- Whenever you click Save Template, the Canvas will refresh itself to reflect your changes
Keep the following two points in mind when using the Canvas:
- The Canvas always loads the main URL of your site upon initial launch
- The Canvas always controls the HTML Editor, not the other way around
Usage note: Whenever you click the Canvas button, the HTML Editor will immediately switch to the Home template (or your Front Page template if you’re using a Static Front Page) in order to stay in sync with the Canvas.
With this in mind, if you are currently editing a template other than the Home (or Front Page) template, be sure to save any changes you’ve made to that template before launching the Canvas!