It’s the holiday season, and you’re probably struggling to finish your shopping—I know I am.
Instead of the usual, long in-depth articles like WordPress SEO, I’ll share 5 quotes from some of my favorite business people. You’ll love them.
1. “Formal education will make you a living; self education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
I’m not knocking school. It’s important. However, when you have the ability to buy a book, and learn something that will help your business, you’re leagues ahead of everyone else.
2. “You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.” – Henry Ford
You may have ideas swirling around in your head, but you’ll never build a profitable online business without putting them into action. Don’t waste your excitement telling your friends about it, either. Use your excitement to fuel your project.
3. “It’s really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don’t know what they want until you show it to them.” – Steve Jobs
Again, if you have a great idea, a solid action plan, and the will to make something succeed, just do it. You may want opinions from your friends, but they don’t know what they want. So, create your project, release it into the wild, and then continuously improve it—that’s how Thesis did it and it has worked well so far.
4. “Nothing draws a crowd like a crowd” – P.T. Barnum
Today, we call this social proof or social validation. On the flip side, nothing disbands a crowd like the lack of a crowd. So if your site looks dead (no comments, tweets, or subscribers), breathe life into it. Read Nonverbal Website Intelligence to find out how.
5. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
It’s the holidays, and there’s no better time to be content with what you have. However, in business, you’re better off being hungry. So, after you’re done celebrating, refer to Henry Ford’s quote and get to work!