The Flex 2.0 update requires a complete Skin Reset. If you have a site that is heavily customized, please contact support.
Version 2.0 (Release Pending)
Flex Menu & Menu Bar
- Sticky menu option added so the menu remains fixed to the top of the page while scrolling.
- Menu style overhauled and visual enhancements made for both desktop and mobile.
- Metabox added to posts and pages to assigned a different menu on a per post page basis.
- Separate Mobile/Desktop menus removed in favor of better sub menu support.
- The Flex Menu Bar has been merged into the Flex Menu Box.
- Site title now behaves like the core Thesis Site Title box.
- Box shadow added to the mobile menu to better distinguish it when it slides out.
Learn more about the updated Flex Menu.
- Headlines can now appear over the the featured image (Display option added to control this).
- Featured images can now be set for Mobile/Tablet/Desktop which allows for more appropriate images.
- Refactored Header images to take up less vertical space.
- Videos for YouTube and Vimeo now accepts the browser URL, not just the embed URL.
- Redesigned latest posts on the front page.
- Latest Title now using a Text Box and configurable via Skin Content > Front Latest Posts Title
- Introduction content that was deprecated in 1.3 has now been removed (use the WordPress Editor).
- Flex Media Box has replaced the Advanced Featured Image Box and Front Page Module.
- Site-wide default styling enhanced.
- Pinterest added to social follow buttons.
- Author Box now displays the authors twitter account and website when enabled and configured.
- Font Awesome Icons added to replace previous icons.
- Enhanced button controls found in Display options.
- Buttons have been overhauled to be unified across the site, Front Page Header and Call to Action can still have their colors customized independently.
- Input santitization changes made to meet Thesis 2.4 changes.
thesis_extend_tinymceextension class name changed to
flex_extend_tinymcein order to free up
thesis_for Thesis core.
- Flex core boxes now added to separate files found in the boxes folder for better management.
Version 1.3.1 (Released April 19, 2017)
The 1.3.1 update requires a partial CSS update (Skin CSS specifically).
- New Display Option to disable the prepended “Viewing:” found on archive pages.
- Fixed an issue with Front Page Featured Header changing all header overlays.
#video-playerBackground Color has been set to Black (noticeable when setting the header to fixed width).
- Latest post title is now properly wrapped and its width no longer spans the full width of the page on desktop.
Version 1.3 (Released March 20, 2017)
The 1.3 update requires a partial CSS update (Skin CSS and CSS Variables, specifically). You may also wish to rest Skin Boxes and Templates to take advantage of new features, but this is not advisable if you have a heavily customized site with modified Boxes and/or Templates.
- Added Video support to the Front Page Template
- Added specific Design options for the Call to Action area
- Redesigned the Front Page Template Latest Posts area
- Removed the Static Front Page Introduction Section in favor of the WordPress Post editor
- Added missing hooks to certain HTML containers
.pofile for translations
- Fixed an issue with encoded special characters breaking some sites with certain character sets
- Replaced special characters with HTML entity tags
- Removed the Flex option to enable Desktop menu in favor of always showing the desktop menu on desktops (previously you could have a mobile menu display on desktops)
Version 1.2.1 (Released July 20, 2016)
The 1.2.1 update requires a partial reset of Skin CSS. You will need to reset Skin CSS and Skin variables.
Version 1.2 (Released June 27, 2016)
The 1.2 update requires a partial reset of Skin CSS. You will need to reset Skin CSS and Skin variables.
- Fixed an issue with Copyright being out of alignment when a start year is selected.
- Fixed an issue with some sub menu items being inaccessible when a mene has more than 2 tiers.
- Added an “always open” option to comments. (see Skin display options under comments)
- Added a border to the top of bylines on single posts.
- Added correct desktop spacing to pagination.
- Added an option to customize post image borders. (see Skin design options, Layout Settings, Fine-tune Fonts, and More and select Post Images)
- Added a filter to remove the comment bubble on the home/archive and single posts when comments are disabled for that post.
- Added an option to make no sidebars full width. (see Skin display options > Pages)
- Added Sidebar Widget RSS styling.
- Suppressed border top for home page when not using a static front page.
Version 1.1.12 (Released June 15, 2016)
The 1.1.12 update requires a partial reset of Skin CSS.
- Added an option to set No-Sidebar templates to full width content. (See Skin Content Display options > Misc).
- Added the missing placeholder images for Flex Videos embedded in posts/pages.
Version 1.1 (Released June 10, 2016)
The 1.1 update requires a partial reset of Boxes, Templates, CSS Variables, Skin CSS, and Editor CSS data.
- Video Support added to the Featured Image for single posts and pages including custom templates (No Sidebar (Post), No Sidebar (Page) and Landing).
- Video Embed button added to TinyMCE Toolbar for adding Flex Videos which are optimized for performance.
- Call to Action can now be moved to the top or bottom via options.
- Call to Action post meta option now has an option to suppress on individual posts/pages.
- Option to change the copyright symbol to creative commons in the Copyright & Attribution box.
- Optional desktop menu added.
- Display options now has button style options.
- Display options added to customize notes, tips and alerts.
- LinkedIn added to the Social Follow Links.
- Option to limited the Front Page Header Image to the same width as your (Content + Sidebar) added.
- Display options added to Social Follow Links which allows you to display the social follow links in the Footer and/or Sidebar.
- No Sidebar Templates now split into two template. One for Pages and One for Posts.
- Footer Social Links renamed to Social Follow Links.
- Flex Class system introduced.
- Header and Footer modified to take advantage of the new Flex Class system.
- Header and Footer elements are always vertically centered now.
- Logo 70px height restriction lifted.
- Editor Content Block titles are no longer Bold.
- No Sidebar Templates no longer center content.
- Added a thin shadow around post images.
- Fix: Editor Content Block no longer break when a title is not included. Previously it would have reverted the Block to the default style of a note.
- Fix: Comments now display only approved comments.