The Flex 2.0 update requires a complete Skin Reset. If you have a site that is heavily customized, please contact support.
Version 2.0 (Release Pending)
Flex Menu & Menu Bar
- Sticky menu option added so the menu remains fixed to the top of the page while scrolling.
- Menu style overhauled and visual enhancements made for both desktop and mobile.
- Metabox added to posts and pages to assigned a different menu on a per post page basis.
- Separate Mobile/Desktop menus removed in favor of better sub menu support.
- The Flex Menu Bar has been merged into the Flex Menu Box.
- Site title now behaves like the core Thesis Site Title box.
- Box shadow added to the mobile menu to better distinguish it when it slides out.
Learn more about the updated Flex Menu.
- Headlines can now appear over the the featured image (Display option added to control this).
- Featured images can now be set for Mobile/Tablet/Desktop which allows for more appropriate images.
- Refactored Header images to take up less vertical space.
- Videos for YouTube and Vimeo now accepts the browser URL, not just the embed URL.
- Redesigned latest posts on the front page.
- Latest Title now using a Text Box and configurable via Skin Content > Front Latest Posts Title
- Introduction content that was deprecated in 1.3 has now been removed (use the WordPress Editor).
- Flex Media Box has replaced the Advanced Featured Image Box and Front Page Module.
- Site-wide default styling enhanced.
- Pinterest added to social follow buttons.
- Author Box now displays the authors twitter account and website when enabled and configured.
- Font Awesome Icons added to replace previous icons.
- Enhanced button controls found in Display options.
- Buttons have been overhauled to be unified across the site, Front Page Header and Call to Action can still have their colors customized independently.
- Input santitization changes made to meet Thesis 2.4 changes.
thesis_extend_tinymceextension class name changed to
flex_extend_tinymcein order to free up
thesis_for Thesis core.
- Flex core boxes now added to separate files found in the boxes folder for better management.
Version 1.3.1 (Released April 19, 2017)
- New Display Option to disable the prepended “Viewing:” found on archive pages.
- Fixed an issue with Front Page Featured Header changing all header overlays.
#video-playerBackground Color has been set to Black (noticeable when setting the header to fixed width).
- Latest post title is now properly wrapped and its width no longer spans the full width of the page on desktop.
Version 1.3 (Released March 20, 2017)
- Added Video support to the Front Page Template
- Added specific Design options for the Call to Action area
- Redesigned the Front Page Template Latest Posts area
- Removed the Static Front Page Introduction Section in favor of the WordPress Post editor
- Added missing hooks to certain HTML containers
.pofile for translations
- Fixed an issue with encoded special characters breaking some sites with certain character sets
- Replaced special characters with HTML entity tags
- Removed the Flex option to enable Desktop menu in favor of always showing the desktop menu on desktops (previously you could have a mobile menu display on desktops)
Version 1.2.1 (Released July 20, 2016)
Version 1.2 (Released June 27, 2016)
- Fixed an issue with Copyright being out of alignment when a start year is selected.
- Fixed an issue with some sub menu items being inaccessible when a mene has more than 2 tiers.
- Added an “always open” option to comments. (see Skin display options under comments)
- Added a border to the top of bylines on single posts.
- Added correct desktop spacing to pagination.
- Added an option to customize post image borders. (see Skin design options, Layout Settings, Fine-tune Fonts, and More and select Post Images)
- Added a filter to remove the comment bubble on the home/archive and single posts when comments are disabled for that post.
- Added an option to make no sidebars full width. (see Skin display options > Pages)
- Added Sidebar Widget RSS styling.
- Suppressed border top for home page when not using a static front page.
Version 1.1.12 (Released June 15, 2016)
- Added an option to set No-Sidebar templates to full width content. (See Skin Content Display options > Misc).
- Added the missing placeholder images for Flex Videos embedded in posts/pages.
Version 1.1 (Released June 10, 2016)
- Video Support added to the Featured Image for single posts and pages including custom templates (No Sidebar (Post), No Sidebar (Page) and Landing).
- Video Embed button added to TinyMCE Toolbar for adding Flex Videos which are optimized for performance.
- Call to Action can now be moved to the top or bottom via options.
- Call to Action post meta option now has an option to suppress on individual posts/pages.
- Option to change the copyright symbol to creative commons in the Copyright & Attribution box.
- Optional desktop menu added.
- Display options now has button style options.
- Display options added to customize notes, tips and alerts.
- LinkedIn added to the Social Follow Links.
- Option to limited the Front Page Header Image to the same width as your (Content + Sidebar) added.
- Display options added to Social Follow Links which allows you to display the social follow links in the Footer and/or Sidebar.
- No Sidebar Templates now split into two template. One for Pages and One for Posts.
- Footer Social Links renamed to Social Follow Links.
- Flex Class system introduced.
- Header and Footer modified to take advantage of the new Flex Class system.
- Header and Footer elements are always vertically centered now.
- Logo 70px height restriction lifted.
- Editor Content Block titles are no longer Bold.
- No Sidebar Templates no longer center content.
- Added a thin shadow around post images.
- Fix: Editor Content Block no longer break when a title is not included. Previously it would have reverted the Block to the default style of a note.
- Fix: Comments now display only approved comments.