This page is part of the Getting Started Guide.
Note: Make sure you’ve upgraded to the latest version of WordPress before installing Thesis.
The video below demonstrates a first-time installation and activation of Thesis 2.1—and no sweat, because completing this entire process takes less than a minute to watch!
Optionally, you can follow the steps below for a successful installation:
- Log into your DIYthemes account, and choose the “Download” link from the Thesis menu at the top of the site; grab your copy of Thesis 2 using the link on the Download page.
- Log into your WordPress installation.
- Go to WP Admin > Appearance > Themes.
- Click the “Install Themes” tab, and then the “Upload” link.
- Click “Browse” (button text and formatting may vary depending on the web browser you use), locate the
thesis.zipfile you downloaded in Step 1, and then click “Install Now”.
- Look for the
Theme installed successfully.message, then click the “Activate” link that appears beneath it.
- You’ll be redirected to your new Thesis admin screen, where you may or may not see a green “Click to get started!” button (this depends on your server configuration) — if you see this button, click it. If you do not, you’re done, and Thesis is installed!
- Look for the
Installation was a success!message, and click “Return to Thesis” beneath that message.
Note for Safari Users: This browser may add an extra
.html extension to the end of the download file name; if so, just rename the file to remove the extra extension, leaving its name as simply