This page is part of the Thesis Skin Editor documentation.
The Thesis Canvas allows you to observe the effects of changes you are making in the Editor. The Canvas is accessible by clicking the
Canvas button in the Skin Editor menu.
Basic Canvas Functionality
- Access the Skin Editor.
- Launch the Canvas by clicking its button.
- In the Canvas window, navigate to a page which uses the specific template you wish to edit.
- The Editor will switch to that template, and you can begin editing it.
- Whenever you click “Save Template”, the Canvas will refresh itself to reflect your changes.
Keep the following two points in mind when using the Canvas:
- The Canvas always loads the main URL of your site upon initial launch.
- The Canvas always controls the HTML Editor, not the other way around.
These two points combined mean that whenever you click the
Canvas button, the Editor is going to immediately switch to the Home template (or your Front Page template if you’re using a Static Front Page) in order to stay in sync with the Canvas.
So, if you are currently editing a template other than the Home (or Front Page) template, make sure you save any changes you’ve made to that template before you launch the Canvas. Then, you can simply navigate to a page which utilizes the template you were originally editing, and the Editor will switch to that template so that you can continue with your work on it.