For a single author site, establishing Google Authorship requires three basic steps:
- On Google+, identify and copy your Google+ Profile Link’s unique number
- Paste the Google+ Profile Link number into Thesis Admin → Site → Google Authorship
- Return to Google+ and create a Custom Link to your site that verifies reciprocal Authorship
The video below will help you navigate through the steps involved:
Comprehensive set of steps for Google Authorship verification, including steps for a multi-author site:
- Login to Google+ and click the small arrow to the right of your image avatar
- Click on the blue View Profile button
- Identify only the numeric portion of the URL in the address bar of your Google+ Profile Link
- Copy the unique number from the URL
- For Single-Author sites, paste the Google+ Profile Link number into Thesis Admin → Site → Google Authorship
- For Multi-Author sites, visit WordPress → Users → All Users. Edit each User who is a Contributor to the site, add the User’s Unique Google+ Profile Link to their WordPress User Profile page, and then click Update User
- Return to Google+ to create a Custom Link that reciprocates and verifies the Authorship for each Contributor on your site.
- To confirm Authorship is successfully connected, enter your site’s URL into the Google Structured Data Testing Tool.
- Information on finalizing Authorship via the reciprocal link from a Google+ profile to your Thesis site.