For years I’ve mainly ignored LinkedIn…
…and boy do I regret it.
LinkedIn is exploding with popularity, and with LinkedIn Today, it can send loads of high quality traffic and customers.
Question is where do you get started?
This guide is the answer.
Getting Started with LinkedIn Marketing
When you’re looking at a new tool like LinkedIn for marketing needs, I’m sure you’re skeptical.
And for good reason.
You already have enough on your plate, but now you can test the waters and see if LinkedIn will work for you:
- How to Weave Linkedin Into Your Marketing Mix
- 5 Tips for Getting More from LinkedIn
- LinkedIn’s Little Secret: It’s a great Lead Generation Tool
Creating a LinkedIn Profile that Works
Square one. Before you start using LinkedIn, you need to create a LinkedIn profile that works, and the following four tutorials should get you started:
- 10 Tips for your LinkedIn Profile
- How to Add Video to Your LinkedIn Profile
- Now Even More Ways to Customize Your LinkedIn Profile
- 4 Minutes to Optimize a LinkedIn profile for SEO
General Advice for Using LinkedIn for Business
LinkedIn is the social network for business professionals, so it makes sense that you’d use it for business, right?
The following 6 tutorials are great ways to “get your feet wet” with LinkedIn for Business.
- 10 Ways to Use LinkedIn (from Guy Kawasaki)
- Top 10 LinkedIn Business Marketing Tips
- 33 Ways to Use LinkedIn for Business
- 8 Killer LinkedIn Marketing Tips for the Newbie
- 5 Tips for Individuals Helping Companies Get More Out of LinkedIn
- How to Create a Profitable Business Using LinkedIn
Getting Started with LinkedIn Groups for Marketing
LinkedIn Groups are powerful. You can participate in groups that interest you, or better yet, you can create and grow your own LinkedIn group.
Yes, creating and maintaining a LinkedIn group is work, but as you’ll see in the following four tutorials, it can be totally worth it.
- The Top 10 Reasons to Start a LinkedIn Group
- 8 Tips for Managing a LinkedIn Group
- 5 Tips for Creating, Promoting, and Managing LinkedIn Groups
- How to Successfully Manage a LinkedIn Group
LinkedIn Marketing for Small Business
Here’s the rub:
Right now small businesses around the world are flocking to LinkedIn. So, before you get started on using LinkedIn for Small Business, read this article first:
Then, when you’re ready, here’s how you can start really taking your LinkedIn profile to the next level:
- 6 Powerful Linkedin Marketing Tips for Small Business
- How Small Businesses Can Make the Most of LinkedIn
- 10 Ways Small Businesses Can Use LinkedIn
LinkedIn Marketing Tips for Real Estate Agents
If you’re a real estate agent, these three LinkedIn articles are perfect for you:
- 3 Lesser Known Ways to Use LinkedIn for Real Estate
- The Beginner’s Guide to LinkedIn Marketing for Real Estate
- How to Use LinkedIn to Generate Real Estate Business
LinkedIn for Personal Branding
Here’s the deal:
Companies now look for LinkedIn profiles before they hire employees. So, if you’re not running your own business, you can streamline your LinkedIn profile around the personal brand you want companies to see.
And that’s where these articles come into play:
- How to Build Your Personal Brand on LinkedIn
- 5 LinkedIn tips for Effective Personal Branding
- Personal Branding Tips for LinkedIn
What Say You?
We want this guide to be a living resource. So, if you know of any other great LinkedIn articles, or some ideas for other sections, please leave a comment and let us know what you’d like to see added to this list!
About the Author: Derek Halpern runs marketing at DIYthemes, and founder of Social Triggers. To get more tips on list building, sign up to his list here. He also runs the web tv show Social Triggers TV where you can learn how to be confident, persuasive, and more.
If you enjoyed this article, enter your email below to get free updates!